Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 11, 2009

You're Kidding, Right?

Yesterday was fun - and I use that word very loosely. No pictures (big surprise, right?) but... this was my day.

Maddie slept just late enough to make us rush for school, but not late enought that we could justify calling in tardy. Okay, that's a typical day for us, but it would be nice to leave the house calmly once. (And I mean once, not even once in a while.) In the car, she decided no more school for her; did not love it anymore and had her first day of tears. (She does stop crying the second I leave the room so it's fine.)

I promised that it really would be snoball day and gymnastics after school - and I think she understood.

After leaving my crying child, my day was spent getting ready for MNO (moms night out) at my house - a pool party. Yes, a pool party. In the rain. Again. (Rain forcasted for all day and night; you're kidding, right?) So I cleaned and organized inside AND outside just in case.

When I went to pick Maddie up, it was STORMING. And I found out that yes, she had understood my promise. As I walked in the door, she announced "Oball Day." I tried to convince her that it was raining to hard, but the entire way from school to Sal's all I heard was "oball day; pink one; oball day; pink one; oball day; pink one." So, yes, I stopped and got her a snoball in the RAIN. Not too bad, until I got in the car, closed the umbrella and then dropped the umbrella out of the car into a puddle. You're kidding, right?

Our Saints playdate was scheduled for tomorrow so I checked my order of footballs and party supplies. Oops, the order was delayed and would arrive the afternoon of the playdate, not the day before. You're kidding, right?

MNO was nice... even watching Kevin put Maddie to bed at 10 pm instead of 8 pm. (You're kidding, right?)

Then, I cleaned up and went to bed. Or planned to go to bed. Kevin had locked our bedroom door to keep Maddie in; also kept me out. You're kidding, right? At least we have a really soft sofa!

No comments: