Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Goodbye, Nick & Hello, New Hair-Do

Today was our final day of recovery from our nightmare last week - and the final day of finishing Nick's paper. I wanted to go to the parade and then Dominick's birthday party (both in Slidell), but my family had other plans. Nick actually asked if we could stay and finish his paper - I'm still not sure what THAT was about, but I didn't say no.

We spent the day here, doing not much. I cooked a Sunday brunch - my invention, Eggs Louisiana (biscuit, boudin, over easy egg topped with crawfish etouffe) and a big fruit salad. Then, I guess Maddie & I were both still pretty wiped out from being sick last week so we went back to bed at 10:30 and slept for two hours.

Nick's paper got done and Maddie finally got a variety of food again. She spent an hour eating dinner - thrilled with every new thing I put on her tray. Of course, she really wanted the cupcakes from Andrew's party. All day she pointed at the favor box and signed "eat, eat"!

Maddie pulled out all the stops and blew kisses to Nick as he left. It's been great having him around every weekend.















Blowing good-bye kisses to Nick.
Nick and one month old Maddie (1/11/2008)
...............................................................................................................................................................................................


Kevin must have been bored and lonely after Nick went home, because:



Daddy decided to fix Maddie's hair!


I'm not so sure about this, Dad.



Well, I can still smile at the camera, of course.



Okay, let me see what he's done to me.





















Oh, no, it's horrible! At least I'm still cute!



No comments: