Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 9, 2009

More new tricks - hugging AND utensils

My sweet baby has really learned to hug. She hugged me over and over again a couple of days ago - and snubbed her daddy. Today, she blew kisses, waved and hugged good-bye to Aunt Ces. Each time she hugged, we would say "aaww" and soon, so did she. She liked it so much, she kept hugging and aawwing, even after we stopped.

She's also decided it is much more civilized to eat with a fork and spoon. How did she get so big so fast? And how can that be so much messier than eating with hands?


Maddie, my eating machine. For breakfast this morning she ate a bowl of oatmeal, pineapples, a tangerine and as much of my eggs as I would share. I think she ate a whole egg. For lunch, she ate her noodles, green beans and fruit and then shared white beans and sausage with Aunt Cessie. Guess she really does need a fork and spoon for all that food.

3 comments:

Garden Lily said...

What a great way to preserve your memories, in a blog. Enjoy your little princess! They sure grow up too quickly!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

They sure do grow up fast! Too fast....

Maddie is such a big girl! She is starting to look more and more like a mini you everyday.

Angele said...

I know!!! How can eating with a fork possibly be messier than with their hands....but it is!